Skip to main content

The Seven Year Itch

‘You have changed’, she looked at me and said.

‘Well, whatever!’ I had no time to listen to her complaints.

‘Now leave me alone.’ I snapped

She hovered around my table for a while and then left the room, banging the door behind.

I threw my pen in my hand. I was more angry with myself than her. How could I let this happen?

I still remember when I took her in my arms for the first time. She looked so innocent, so beautiful. I had fallen for her that very moment. Over the years, our love had grown even more.

She completely adored me and I loved her more than anything.

Although it is difficult to maintain a long distance relationship, she never showed any signs of changed loyalties. I was the first person she looked for as soon as she landed in the city.

On the other hand, I had been keeping busy with my college, studies and work and could not give her all the time she demanded and deserved.

In the past couple of years, I had started to feel the strain in our seven year long relationship.

I would get irritated often and snapped at every little thing.

She too wouldn’t give up on things that made me mad but still tries her best to make up after every fight.

This time too when she came, I wasn’t in the best of my moods. I had to take a crucial test the next day and she would refuse to leave my side.

My temper took over me once again and I shouted at her.

‘You have changed, Didi’ my 7 year old cousin said.

I had no answer.

Comments

Alesea said…
control ur temper babe.....kids will be kids....lols
confessing7girl said…
hey girl thanx for the link!! will be linking to u too!! but for now...u hv been tagged here

Popular posts from this blog

Of words, stories and assignments

While going through a pile of papers I found something interesting A year ago, when I joined my first year classes, I got an assignment in creative writing on the first day itself. We were given 5 words and we were asked to build a story around them. There was no constraint on the word usage but I chose to stick to as less as possible. The words were: DOOR, AXE, MIRROR, DRAIN, LEGS Here are the two versions that I wrote: #1: His legs grew heavier as he unlocked his front door . He looked tired and drained out but his clothes still smelled of his favourite AXE deodorant. Although he was still in his early thirties, the mirror reflected a different story. All he needed right now was a nice cup of coffee. #2: She was woken up in the middle of the night by a noise. It was like an axe hitting a metal. At first she thought she was dreaming but then she heard it again. Mustering up all her courage, she moved into the hall. Something on her right moved and

High Spirited

I am a ghost. But I don’t live on a tree. No not in a graveyard either. I just like to roam around. I don’t have much powers, just the few basic privileges of being stuck in the middle of life and the ultimate moksha . Honestly, I like it here .It’s fun. During the day time, I generally sit in a coffee shop that I could never afford when I was alive. I sit and observe people who can. They are boring. Every Friday I catch the latest hindi flick at the multiplex. Nothing great these days, I tell you. Last week I dozed off even before the interval. If you promise not to tell anyone, I’ll tell you a secret. Sometimes, during the daytime, I go visit my old school. Yes! to attend lectures.!!!!! The miss the stupid subjects that were of no use to me in my later life. I especially like solving maths problems-algebra and geometry that I studied in 10 th standard. The syllabus has changed now. Oh but please don’t tell this to anyone. None of my ghost friends know about this. Yea

Sleepy and hollow

infinite, yet empty busy, yet lazy wanted, yet broken shining, yet dark exciting, yet boring waiting, to be hurt sleepy and hollow so many ways , yet nowhere to go