Skip to main content

28 Days Later

I have an Aunt. She is quite old. It seems she has been around since eternity. Anyways, this aunt of mine has a habit of visiting us every month. After every 4 weeks (28 days) she has to come and stay with us for some days.

Initially it was fine, but now it has become really irritating. Earlier she used to put up in my mother’s room. But with growing age, she can no longer climb up the stairs, so I have to sacrifice my room which happens to be on the ground floor.

She doesn’t realise that it can really upset someone’s daily routine.We have cancelled at our plans many times because of her. Many times we have to take her along wherever we are going and it can be embarrassing and uncomfortable.

What more, she sometimes calls up in advance and demands that her favourite chocolate pie must be ready when she reaches.

At other times, she lands up without informing.
And the most annoying part is when she doesn’t land up on the day she has informed she would and we wait like fools, with her favourite chocolate pie going in our tummies in the end.

Sometimes I have to stay back home to receive her.

Mom says there is no use fuming. I should learn to adjust like everyone else.

I try to make room for her and try not to lose my temper, but sometimes she can really get on my nerves and my mood swings can be terrible.

But I guess I can’t do anything, because I know that she will never stop. Even if I succeed to oust her from my room, she will find a way to occupy some other.

Unwilling I have come to terms with the fact of having her around, FOREVER!

**********************************************************************************
P.S- I have no such aunt. My room is not on the ground floor and I don’t share it with anyone:P

Comments

Unknown said…
i can sooooooo agree wid u...thz kinda unties dat visit u so regularly are a PAIN....
i hope they give us a lil less truble...hehehe
Alesea said…
Well babe....however hard i tried it was difficult to get the connnotations...now dat i know...hmm hats off!!!!
a wonderful way to write what i always wondered about as to how to put it....lolss cute!!
Bharti Bedi said…
@sophia:Yup hell lotta PAIN.. hope they have mercy on us

@Alesea: hehe thanks, hope others get it as well!!!
Unknown said…
Hey congrats on your 50 posts..great achievement of course which wouldn't have been possible without ppl like me who regularly visit your blog...hehee..so keep it up and may b someday I can write like you too.

Popular posts from this blog

Of words, stories and assignments

While going through a pile of papers I found something interesting A year ago, when I joined my first year classes, I got an assignment in creative writing on the first day itself. We were given 5 words and we were asked to build a story around them. There was no constraint on the word usage but I chose to stick to as less as possible. The words were: DOOR, AXE, MIRROR, DRAIN, LEGS Here are the two versions that I wrote: #1: His legs grew heavier as he unlocked his front door . He looked tired and drained out but his clothes still smelled of his favourite AXE deodorant. Although he was still in his early thirties, the mirror reflected a different story. All he needed right now was a nice cup of coffee. #2: She was woken up in the middle of the night by a noise. It was like an axe hitting a metal. At first she thought she was dreaming but then she heard it again. Mustering up all her courage, she moved into the hall. Something on her right moved and

High Spirited

I am a ghost. But I don’t live on a tree. No not in a graveyard either. I just like to roam around. I don’t have much powers, just the few basic privileges of being stuck in the middle of life and the ultimate moksha . Honestly, I like it here .It’s fun. During the day time, I generally sit in a coffee shop that I could never afford when I was alive. I sit and observe people who can. They are boring. Every Friday I catch the latest hindi flick at the multiplex. Nothing great these days, I tell you. Last week I dozed off even before the interval. If you promise not to tell anyone, I’ll tell you a secret. Sometimes, during the daytime, I go visit my old school. Yes! to attend lectures.!!!!! The miss the stupid subjects that were of no use to me in my later life. I especially like solving maths problems-algebra and geometry that I studied in 10 th standard. The syllabus has changed now. Oh but please don’t tell this to anyone. None of my ghost friends know about this. Yea

Sleepy and hollow

infinite, yet empty busy, yet lazy wanted, yet broken shining, yet dark exciting, yet boring waiting, to be hurt sleepy and hollow so many ways , yet nowhere to go