Skip to main content

High Spirited

I am a ghost. But I don’t live on a tree. No not in a graveyard either. I just like to roam around. I don’t have much powers, just the few basic privileges of being stuck in the middle of life and the ultimate moksha. Honestly, I like it here .It’s fun.

During the day time, I generally sit in a coffee shop that I could never afford when I was alive. I sit and observe people who can. They are boring.

Every Friday I catch the latest hindi flick at the multiplex. Nothing great these days, I tell you. Last week I dozed off even before the interval.

If you promise not to tell anyone, I’ll tell you a secret.

Sometimes, during the daytime, I go visit my old school. Yes! to attend lectures.!!!!!

The miss the stupid subjects that were of no use to me in my later life.

I especially like solving maths problems-algebra and geometry that I studied in 10th standard. The syllabus has changed now.

Oh but please don’t tell this to anyone. None of my ghost friends know about this. Yeah we kinda have a club of a sort and we meet up every weekend. We go uphills sometimes and party till late. When we get too excited we end up scaring mortals. But c’mon they scare us too sometimes!!!

In the evening, I like to stand in the middle of the road and let the cars pass through me. I love the rush, nauseating sometimes, but fun.

At night, I find an empty room at a five star hotel. I watch T.V(on mute, because I don’t want scare away other customers, you know.). I get up pretty late in the morning and then get about doing the usual stuff.

Ok, time for me to go now, but if you want to meet me then leave your address/link and I’ll pay a visit to you sometime soon.

Comments

SiD said…
har friday movies???
kon kon si dekh li hain?
confessing7girl said…
humm mysterious!!!!!!! as always girl
harshad said…
hello! nice friendly ghost u go there...polite too!

liked it!
people at the coffee shop - i thot that shud be interesting!!
Anonymous said…
OH!! DO U BELIEVE IN GHOSTS??? I DO... SO I BELIEVE...THEY DO WATCH MOVIES N HAVE FUN;-)
Nikhil said…
Is this your idea of propositioning random guys for a date?

Die ghost die! erm, no, go into the light!
Bharti Bedi said…
@confessing7girl:
:)

@harshad:hehe

@Ishwar:
yeah things are not always what they appear to be

@Wild Cat: hey welcome to the island.
yeah ghosts can have fun too, cant they?

@nikhil: you got weird ideas..whatever!!!!
Ankit said…
I love it when it gets obscure..!! good stuff... :)

PS NICE BLOG@!
hey cool idea, very different! nice blog u have here, consider urself blogrolled! :)
Bharti Bedi said…
@ankit..thanx

@blue eyed girl:
thanx.u'll be linked back soon
hey ghostie pie.. i think i could do with a friend like u.. n my friend n i have a blast at coffee shops, making other ppl's dates go awry!

n by the way, im sowwie i havent been in touch.. n i'll be leaving on sunday.early morning.. :(
X said…
KIRRIN ISLAND?
is dat your blog id?
like the kirrin island from famous five?
ossum blog!
Unknown said…
Prafull...Ghost matlab?

Nice post!!!
Bharti Bedi said…
@mihir: yeah its the island from famous five...thanxz for visting//

@rompy: Hansa..ghost...diwali pe ghar pe jab bahut log aa jate hain to mummy kya bolti hai..hey bhagwan itne sare ghost????
shukar hai u liked it...:P
Maritime Lawyer said…
well.......ghost.... i wonder wat u wud think of next.:).......
never knew dat one cud be so lost and yet so close to what they want..........
u r a free bird........in a closed room........
love the way u put forward ur thoughts.............
Unknown said…
Unusual post...bt i really njoyed it.Would be coming to u for reviews b4 i get the tickets of movies;-) Blogrolling u.
Bharti Bedi said…
@sujan: wow nice comment, nicely put...

@akansha: hey welcome to the blog..u will be linked back soon..thanx again

Popular posts from this blog

Of words, stories and assignments

While going through a pile of papers I found something interesting A year ago, when I joined my first year classes, I got an assignment in creative writing on the first day itself. We were given 5 words and we were asked to build a story around them. There was no constraint on the word usage but I chose to stick to as less as possible. The words were: DOOR, AXE, MIRROR, DRAIN, LEGS Here are the two versions that I wrote: #1: His legs grew heavier as he unlocked his front door . He looked tired and drained out but his clothes still smelled of his favourite AXE deodorant. Although he was still in his early thirties, the mirror reflected a different story. All he needed right now was a nice cup of coffee. #2: She was woken up in the middle of the night by a noise. It was like an axe hitting a metal. At first she thought she was dreaming but then she heard it again. Mustering up all her courage, she moved into the hall. Something on her right moved and

Sleepy and hollow

infinite, yet empty busy, yet lazy wanted, yet broken shining, yet dark exciting, yet boring waiting, to be hurt sleepy and hollow so many ways , yet nowhere to go