Skip to main content

A cup of Tea and much more

Sometime in July last year the media people encroached upon the Law Canteen of PU.

It was when the MassComm Dept shifted to a new building.

The new batch that came was equally excited about the proximity to the canteen as about the whole new block for themselves.

It was here where we (freshers) sat together, initially in one big group and then later in different smaller ones, to know each other. After all we were to spend the next two years here.

It was here where we waited eagerly for our seniors to join us.

It was here where we actually got to interact with them.

It was here where we completed our assignments, discussed our term papers, documentaries, sought internship advices, complimented each other, shared tiffins to softwares, cut birthday cakes, called out for ‘Santosh’ or ‘Nizam’ for another cup of ‘cha’ after a tiring cricket match.

We would huddle up inside when it rained and spread all out in the winter sun.

The canteen was also the part of the first ever Alumni Meet of our dept (which was initiated by our seniors).

When the deadlines approached we all sat with our laptops, diligently trying to finish up work, while gulping down cups of tea.

Sometime in July this year when we return to the Law Canteen once more, we’ll be greeted by freshers eagerly waiting for their seniors. But it will not be the same.

*************

This ones for the best seniors I ever had- we’ll miss you.

Hope our juniors are as cool as yours.

And do remember us when we come looking for jobs next year.

Rock on…

Comments

Zedekiah said…
Oh and this one's for the best, bubbly and sweetest juniors like ever...B youll always be in my world....

Lots of love island girl//..
Vinni said…
hey hon...thats the most wonderful thing i've ever heard frm any of my juniors...what a bful way to say all that... im so touched...
will alws rmbr u guys for ur undying support n ur readiness to help us....
you guys will always be a part of my life... n no one can take tht frm me...
love ya... All the best!!!!
Vins...
Anonymous said…
hey i know, i agree..mehak

Popular posts from this blog

Of words, stories and assignments

While going through a pile of papers I found something interesting A year ago, when I joined my first year classes, I got an assignment in creative writing on the first day itself. We were given 5 words and we were asked to build a story around them. There was no constraint on the word usage but I chose to stick to as less as possible. The words were: DOOR, AXE, MIRROR, DRAIN, LEGS Here are the two versions that I wrote: #1: His legs grew heavier as he unlocked his front door . He looked tired and drained out but his clothes still smelled of his favourite AXE deodorant. Although he was still in his early thirties, the mirror reflected a different story. All he needed right now was a nice cup of coffee. #2: She was woken up in the middle of the night by a noise. It was like an axe hitting a metal. At first she thought she was dreaming but then she heard it again. Mustering up all her courage, she moved into the hall. Something on her right moved and

High Spirited

I am a ghost. But I don’t live on a tree. No not in a graveyard either. I just like to roam around. I don’t have much powers, just the few basic privileges of being stuck in the middle of life and the ultimate moksha . Honestly, I like it here .It’s fun. During the day time, I generally sit in a coffee shop that I could never afford when I was alive. I sit and observe people who can. They are boring. Every Friday I catch the latest hindi flick at the multiplex. Nothing great these days, I tell you. Last week I dozed off even before the interval. If you promise not to tell anyone, I’ll tell you a secret. Sometimes, during the daytime, I go visit my old school. Yes! to attend lectures.!!!!! The miss the stupid subjects that were of no use to me in my later life. I especially like solving maths problems-algebra and geometry that I studied in 10 th standard. The syllabus has changed now. Oh but please don’t tell this to anyone. None of my ghost friends know about this. Yea

Sleepy and hollow

infinite, yet empty busy, yet lazy wanted, yet broken shining, yet dark exciting, yet boring waiting, to be hurt sleepy and hollow so many ways , yet nowhere to go